From Tobias Bocanegra <tri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SPI vs non-SPI
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 20:22:20 GMT
On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
> just one more addition:
>
> IMHO it was fairly straight forward to implement the server side
> part of the jcr-remoting based on OAK. that would fit pretty much what
> was always listed as 'native' implementation in the jackrabbit
> documentation (and which was always marked with a dotted lined).
> that was for sure much better than having yet another JCR layer
> on the server side.

that's great. However, I would have thought there is a stricter
separation between JCR2SPI and SPI2CORE. AFAICT, in Oak it looks more
like there is a JCR2CORE and a DAVEX2CORE. And the SPI is merely a
bucket we throw all the API in that are not pure client APIs. It might
be more clear to use oajo.client.* and oajo.server.* then...

regards, toby