From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: JCR2.1 (JSR-333) and Oak
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 08:06:04 GMT
Hi,

> For maximum backward compatibility and minimal impact on future
> requirements re. JCR 2.1 I suggest we implement the new APIs (at least
> as stubs) in order to avoid potential collisions.

+1 makes sense.

> Where required we could expose those implementations through the Oak
> API, which would then later on overlap the JCR 2.1 API.

do you mean JCR interface extensions in Oak or the actual Oak API in oak-core?
I wouldn't do the first now for the same reasons you stated about creating a
dependency to the JCR 2.1. API. the spec is not yet final. the latter may be
OK since the methods are in a different layer anyway.

regards
 marcel