From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject writing a new DocumentStore implementation
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 13:47:54 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently looking to write an alternative DocumentStore
implementation (alongside MongoDocumentStore and MemoryDocumentStore).

Below are a few questions related to this:

a) package structure: right now the existing implementations live in
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.mongomk -- shouldn't we use separate
packages?

b) it appears to some code in MemoryDocumentStore might be of generic
use, such as the static methods checkConditions(...) and
applyChanges(...). Can we move those into a utility class, or closer to
UpdateOp?

Contract:

c) Will an UpdateOp *ever* attempt to change "_id"? If this is not the
case, what does a node rename operation do internally? (I'm asking
because I have test failures when my repo isn't fresh, so apparently
somehow nodes still exist that should have gone...).

Best regards, Julian