From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: DocumentStore.query with indexedProperty
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:21:14 GMT
Hi,

> Can we clarify whether support for anything *but* "_modified" will ever
>be needed?

In my view, yes. We could change the signature of the method, for example
to:

List<T> query(Collection<T> collection,
  String fromKey, String toKey, long minModified)

>right now it is only used for the _modified field, but it potentially
>could be
>used for other fields in the future.

Yes, in theory it could be used for other indexed fields in the future
(once there are more indexed fields). But I hope we will never need other
indexed fields, as each index slows down writes.

>Maybe we should change it to a Comparable?

Hm, the byte code of the comparable would need to be converted to a
condition. Doable [1] [2] but tricky...

[1] http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-nabla/
[2] http://h2database.com/html/jaqu.html#natural_syntax

Regards,