From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Security Concerns wrt Index Definitions
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 18:16:34 GMT
hi jukka

>The idea behind the oak:index child node for index definitions was
>that you could place them close to the content being indexed.

just re-read the query.md and it states at the very beginning:

"Query Indices are defined under the `oak:index` node."

given the fact that we ship oak with some default indexes that
are all located at /oak:index i fear that everyone will just add
there indexes there.

only later the documentation states:

"To define a property index on a subtree you have to add an index
definition node that:
 * must be of type `oak:queryIndexDefinition` [...]"

but doesn't state that the node must be named 'oak:index'.
that's a bit confusing and you can't enforce that name unless
you specify a mixin such as proposed by tobi.

kind regards
angela