From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Can I use LoginModulePlugins in Oak?
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 08:53:34 GMT
hi bertrand

IMHO the LoginModulePlugin mechanism in sling has some fundamental flaws.

for example it extends from a implementation detail in jackrabbit core
(DefaultLoginModule) that is pluggable by means of changing the
configuration
and not a built-in functionality.

then, the individual implementations such as FormLoginModulePlugin.java
register themselves as service, which basically shows a fundamental
misunderstanding of how the JAAS LoginModule works and is designed
(every login gets it's own instance).

afaik there is no reasonable way how you can get that fixed with oak.

if i was you i would just deprecate that unfortunate part of sling
that intended to make the login module pluggable at runtime and
drop it asap.

kind regards
angela