From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Security Concerns wrt Index Definitions
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 19:08:07 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Tobias Bocanegra <tripod@apache.org> wrote:
> I quickly browsed through the code, and I could not find any
> mixin type that would allow adding a oak:index node. so how
> would you define an index on an arbitrary subtree?

By adding such a mixin?

The index code itself only cares about the presence of an oak:index
child node, not the type(s) of the parent node, so it doesn't really
matter if the node is added as a residual nt:unstructured node, or
through a mixin type that explicitly defines it.

> suggest:
> * create a "oak:Indexable" mixin nodetype,

+0

> * and make the oak:QueryIndexDefinition not extending from
> nt:unstructured, but define it properly.

Personally I'd even do away with the oak:queryIndexDefinition type
entirely, and leave the typing (or lack of it) of index definitions to
the individual index plugins that interpret them.

The reason why the type currently extends nt:unstructured is to allow
custom index plugins to support extra configuration that isn't
explicitly listed in the type definition.

BR,

Jukka Zitting