From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Optimizations in and around SecureNodeBuilder
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 20:28:41 GMT
Hi,

I spent this afternoon looking at SecureNodeBuilder with the goal to
fix potential bugs and reduce the amount of duplicate work that's
going on.

I explicitly avoided touching the actual permission evaluation as
Angela and Toby are already working on it, but I was still able to
identify and fix a number of issues. See issues from OAK-1139 to
OAK-1142 for details.

The result of these changes is a nice performance boost. We're still
slower than Jackrabbit 2.x for the GetNodeWithAnonymous benchmark, but
the performance difference has dropped from 3x to just above 2x.

# GetNodeWithAnonymous             C     min     10%     50%     90%
  max       N
Oak-Tar (before)                   1      58      59      60      61
  100     991
Oak-Tar (after)                    1      42      42      43      45
  130    1372
Jackrabbit                         1      18      19      19      20
   39    3087

BR,

Jukka Zitting