From Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>
Subject On Jackrabbit version dependency
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 09:32:00 GMT

Following some changes from OAK-51, Oak switched to a Jackrabbit snapshot

I've now switched back to a stable version (2.7.2) and I'd like to
reiterate what has been said before about depending on snapshot versions.
Please be more careful about introducing a snapshot dependency in the
future, it makes for an unreliable build and it blocks a potential release.

We agreed on the fact that Oak should have more frequent releases given the
fact that it's evolving a lot so (almost) every two weeks is doable as long
as everybody plays their part in the process.

The way I see it, if you need to depend on a Jackrabbit snapshot, then
please create an issue so we can track the need to create a minor release
on the other side - this will help minimize the window of potential