From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ACLs checked within observation events?
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 08:37:23 GMT

On 7.11.13 8:36 , Angela Schreiber wrote:
> hi alex
>
> according to the latest information i got from michael
> this is not yet implemented... but it's definitely planned

Right, this is still to do. See TODO tags in the SecureValidator class.

>> Or is ACL evaluation implemented below, within the NodeStates that the
>> ContentSession / ChangeDispatcher provide? In which case the
>> SecureValidator can probably be removed.

No, the SecureValidator class operates on non secured node states. My
very first idea was to operate on secured node states but that wouldn't
work for items whose parent is not accessible. It would not generate
events for such items since diffing would stop at the (non accessible)
parent even though there are more changes in the sub tree below that are
accessible.

Michael