From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Security Concerns wrt Index Definitions
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 20:45:40 GMT
On 13.11.2013, at 09:16, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:

> while i can see some benefit of having index definitions with
> the content being index i am not happy with having the
> built in index definitions underneath the root node. is is for
> sure asking for troubles as the /jcr:system is generally protected
> in some way while the root node is very often defined to be
> readable to everyone (imagine our regular publish setup).

I agree, built-in indexes should be under /jcr:system.

If the oak:index nodes can be everywhere (close to the content to be indexed), which IMO is
useful for applications, then you are free to put the built-in indexes everwhere. And for
that /jcr:system makes a lot of sense, more than the root node.

Cheers,
Alex