From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Clarifying: Support for properties and child nodes with the same name
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 13:23:42 GMT
Hi,

>i OTOH have seen a lot of JSON recently ;). SNNP breaks
>the intuitive 1:1 JSON representation of repository content.

Related to this problem, if we need a round-trippable (*) JSON
representation:

1) To preserve the order of child nodes, we would need to use an array to
represent child nodes, or remember the order in some other way.

2) To preserve the property type, we need so kind of escaping (as the one
we used in the Oak KernelNodeStore).

3) To preserve number accuracy, large and/or numbers with high precision
(BigDecimal) can not be represented as numbers, but need to be represented
as strings, because many JSON parsers truncate numbers otherwise.

(*) With "round-trippable" I mean, to be able to convert a repository to
JSON, and then use this JSON to create the exact same repository.

Regards,
Thomas