From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: CommitHook not detecting new items
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 14:44:39 GMT

quick follow up: i just had a private discussion with michael in
the office and he added that this is related to what we are
struggling with when it comes to move in general and to move
in combination with permissions.

while moving non-referenceable nodes actually can be considered
a deletion plus subsequent add as the node is no longer the 'same'
in our oak setup (not every single node has an unique identifier
as it was the case in jackrabbit-core), we definitely should take
a second look at the move of referenceable nodes.

wdyt, would this be a reasonable topic to look at and discuss for
our october oakathon next week?

kind regards

On 10/15/13 3:45 PM, "Angela Schreiber" <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:

>hi all
>once again i found myself struggling with the way the commit hooks
>identify new items. in the example test below there is in fact a
>new node being created.
>nevertheless the commit hook (in this case the VersionablePathHook)
>will not see a new jcr:versionhistory property but only the modification
>of an existing one... which is at least a bit confusing as this
>protected property can't be modified and there was in fact a new
>node created which get's a new version history, a new uuid and so forth.
>>    public void testVersionableChildNode2() throws Exception {
>>        Node testNode =
>>        testNode.addMixin("mix:versionable");
>>        superuser.save();
>>        testNode.remove();
>>        testNode =
>>        testNode.addMixin("mix:versionable");
>>        superuser.save(); // does NOT trigger
>>        assertTrue(testNode.isNodeType("mix:versionable"));
>>        VersionHistory vh = testNode.getVersionHistory();
>>        Property versionablePath =
>>vh.getProperty(superuser.getWorkspace().getName()); // FAILS with
>>        assertEquals(testNode.getPath(), versionablePath.getString());
>>    }
>i can work around this by looking for modified jcr:versionHistory
>but to be honest this looks quite wrong to me :-)
>kind regards

View raw message