From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: UserAdmin and GroupAdmin groups in Oak
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 09:43:15 GMT
hi bertrand

the two groups you mention are not built-in authorizables but
only present with and used by the UserAccessControlProvider.
currently we have no plans to provide a OAK level equivalent to that
ac provider implementation but rather wish to take advantage
of this rewrite to drop it altogether...

however, as with most changes and differences: if we have a
compelling reason to continue supporting it, we can try to build
it again... it's rather a matter of priority than ability.

having said that: in the near future we should IMO try to get
the functionality completed that is actually used in production by us
and our customers, which IMO should also be the default setup
in OAK.

as far as i understood the sling team is claiming that sling
is implemented strictly against the JCR specification and using
Jackrabbit API is considered evil... with that in mind i am a bit
surprised to see how much it relies on implementation details.
but maybe this is a good chance to clean up those parts?

kind regards
angela