From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1532782 [1/2] - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/core/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/kernel/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/index/ oak-core/src/main/jav...
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 19:45:50 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> Well there is the extra benefit for transporting that info across cluster nodes.

I don't see the benefit. There's no reliable way to match such
external commitinfos to the respective content changes, so we can't
use that information to annotate observation events. How else would
you use such information?

> Yes this should work (even though I'm not too fond of using thread locals).

An cleaner alternative to a ThreadLocal would be to use an extra
commitinfo argument to carry the information down the stack through
the relevant commit and merge methods

BR,

Jukka Zitting