From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving the benchmark suite
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 18:39:21 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Tobias Bocanegra <tripod@apache.org> wrote:
> WDYT?

Any improvements are of course welcome.

On the other hand I believe we are reaching the limits of what the
benchmark suite was originally designed for, i.e. a quick and simple
mechanism for running basic micro-benchmarks. While it's possible to
incrementally extend the design, I'm afraid that without a clear
roadmap or target architecture we'll end up with an overly complex
solution that'll get increasingly difficult to use and that nobody
outside our core team understands. Instead it might be worth it to
revisit existing generic benchmarking tools like JMeter or JUnitPerf
that I looked at earlier but considered overkill at the time.

BR,

Jukka Zitting