From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oak JCR Observation scalability aspects and concerns
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:20:05 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
> That's one Event object per event -- not one event per listener per event.
> This is completely different to JCR.

You're mistaking the problem here, it's not the number of listeners,
it's the number of events *per listener*.

What we're looking at here is scaling out to write loads that could
well have over a million changed items per second. On my laptop just
instantiating a dummy Event object takes a few hundred nanoseconds, so
there's no way to process millions of them per second in a single
listener.

BR,

Jukka Zitting