From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slow observation tests
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:07:22 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> This would require a dedicated thread per listener though. AFIR this is way
> we didn't do it that way.

Hmm, I don't recall the details, but AFAICT this was related to the
original idea of having all observers just periodically poll the
repository for changes. With that design the listener doesn't need a
dedicated thread, just a scheduler with a thread pool.

Anyway, the cost of an extra thread that most of the time just sits
idle waiting for new events should be pretty low.

> OTOH, it would decouple different listeners from blocking each other.

Indeed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting