From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slow observation tests
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:08:34 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 3:10 AM, Marcel Reutegger <mreutegg@adobe.com> wrote:
> would it be possible to lower the interval, at least for the tests?
> I think this would speed up those tests significantly.

After the latest observation changes it should be possible without too
much refactoring to have local commits fire observation events
immediately.

We'd just need to change the way we poll the LinkedBlockingQueue in
ChangeDispatcher.Listener. Instead of polling the queue for new
changes once every second, the ChangeProcessor could spawn a separate
background thread that blocks waiting for the queue. As soon as a new
change set is added, the thread would wake up and deliver the relevant
events.

BR,

Jukka Zitting