From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: slow observation tests
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 09:09:52 GMT
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Marcel Reutegger <mreutegg@adobe.com> wrote:
>> ...i recently discussed this with christian keller and he argued
>> that this is likely to cause troubles in productive systems.
>
> hmm, but even jackrabbit does not guarantee event delivery
> within a certain timeframe....

FWIW, I had to fix some Sling tests to have them run with Oak, due to
similar issues where the delivery timing of observation is different
in Oak.

One could argue that that's actually a good thing, as it exposes
incorrect assumptions in the client code - so maybe it's good to lower
the delay by default, but set it much higher in continuous integration
testing, to expose those issues.

-Bertrand