From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UserAdmin and GroupAdmin groups in Oak
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 09:20:26 GMT
Hi,

Angela wrote:
> ..there is no equivalent implementation in Oak and there will be no equivalent
> implementation as long as we don't support multiple workspaces...

The SLING-3144 issue is not related to multiple workspaces AFAIK, I'm
only missing these additional features provided by [1], as per its
javadoc:

- members of the 'User administrator' group are allowed to create,
modify and remove users,
- members of the 'Group administrator' group are allowed to create,
modify and remove groups,

So let me rephrase my question more precisely: even if the rest of
UserAccessControlProvider is not supported by Oak, are there plans to
support those out of the box user admin / group admin groups?

Otherwise I'll either implement them myself in the part of Sling that
needs them, or disable the corresponding Sling functionality when
running on Oak.

-Bertrand