From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UserAdmin and GroupAdmin groups in Oak
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 11:32:17 GMT
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
>... as far as i understood the sling team is claiming that sling
> is implemented strictly against the JCR specification and using
> Jackrabbit API is considered evil... with that in mind i am a bit
> surprised to see how much it relies on implementation details.
> but maybe this is a good chance to clean up those parts?...

Yes probably - I'm "just" working on getting the Sling integration
tests to work with oak and stumbled on SLING-3144 but I'm not familiar
with the code that uses that.

IIUC it's just about making it possible for users to create users and
groups - I'll study the code in more detail, and might come back with
a more precise question.

There are also some places where Sling *tests* make too many
assumptions about the backend, I am fixing those as part of the
general SLING-2788 "run Sling on Oak" effort.

-Bertrand