From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migration without an embedded Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 08:27:23 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I've been thinking about the upgrade/migration code (oak-upgrade,
> OAK-458) over the past few days, and trying to figure out how we could
> achieve that without having to keep the full Jackrabbit 2.x codebase
> as dependency...

Would this be a problem is there was a way for this additional
dependency to go away after startup, once the migration is done?

A scenario like:

-Load an optional migration jar from a well-known location if Oak is
started on an existing Jackrabbit repository

-Drop these extra classes once the migration is done (worst case
requiring a restart)

would be acceptable IMO, if that makes the implementation easier that
might be something to consider.

-Bertrand