From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Oak JCR Observation scalability aspects and concerns
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 12:37:59 GMT
Hi Angela,

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
> Bertrand wrote:
>>The OSGi events that Sling rebroadcasts are less granular than JCR
>>events, so this might not be a problem for that case.
>
> do you know it or are you guessing?...

I'm making an educated guess.

To get hard facts, as you rightly ask for, we need a test suite that
compares those OSGi events that Sling rebroadcasts, when doing various
things on Jackrabbit and Oak. I don't think we'll ever get 100%
identical observation behavior between Jackrabbit and Oak, so we'll
need to define which differences are acceptable. To me the only sane
way to do that is via a test suite.

This can be added to the Sling it-jackrabbit-oak module [1] which
makes it easy to run the exact same tests against Jackrabbit and Oak
in an OSGi environment, but someone will need to write those tests. We
might want to grant write access to both Sling + Oak committers to
that module to make things easier.

Thanks for the examples that you mention. I see the referenceable node
issue at http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/differences.html, but
not the setPrimaryType one, could it be added?

Ciao,
-Bertrand

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/bundles/jcr/it-jackrabbit-oak/