From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Oak JCR Observation scalability aspects and concerns
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 21:19:52 GMT
On 25.10.2013, at 14:11, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@adobe.com> wrote:
> Maybe it would be useful to additionally allow a generic "matches" function that can
be passed upon listener registration that could check whatever it wants, working on the diff
or change set directly.

Actually it needs to be able to work on the full tree, not just the diff. Say you have a listener
registered on sling:resourceType=foo, and any other property of that node changed, you want
the listener to trigger, even though the sling:resourceType property wasn't modified and isn't
in the diff.

Oh, and another big issue used to be that you cannot check for any of this in a jcr observation
listener in a REMOVED event, since the node is already gone (you only got the path - I think
there are some dirty tricks we are using here, caching info etc.). If we move that down into
Oak, we should be able to have access to the content before it actually gets removed. Right?

Cheers,
Alex