From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: slow observation tests
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 09:03:07 GMT
> i recently discussed this with christian keller and he argued
> that this is likely to cause troubles in productive systems.

hmm, but even jackrabbit does not guarantee event delivery
within a certain timeframe.

the main difference is that jackrabbit does a blocking poll and
oak does periodic polls. for our tests the first is obviously more
responsive. if an application may fail because of this difference,
then the application code is fragile anyway. I'm not saying we
shouldn't improve the situation in oak, but it looks like these
productive systems should be adjusted as well.

regards
 marcel