From Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
Subject slow observation tests
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 07:10:02 GMT
Hi,

our JCR observation tests are quite slow compared to Jackrabbit.
In an offline discussion with Michael, we suspected the way tests
are written is the culprit. at least the TCK tests may wait up to
five seconds for events. we thought some excluded tests slow
down execution because those do not get expected events and
therefore wait five seconds.

after a closer look I don't think that's the case. even tests, which
succeed are kind of slow. I rather think it's the polling interval
in oak. AFAIU oak polls for changes every second. this also means
events are delivered with an average delay of half a second.

would it be possible to lower the interval, at least for the tests?
I think this would speed up those tests significantly.

Regards
 Marcel