From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1532782 [1/2] - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/core/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/kernel/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/index/ oak-core/src/main/jav...
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 15:47:06 GMT

On 16.10.13 5:23 , Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM,  <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
>> - Use :commit-info on the root node to pass commit information across
>
> I don't think this is a good idea.

Why?

Instead I'd use a ThreadLocal or
> just pass the extra information as an extra argument in the commit
> call.

That's what I wanted to do initially, but I failed to come up with a
clean way to pass the session specific information down to the NodeStore
implementations. I'd be open for alternative solutions ;-)

Besides the current approach allows for limited support of said session
specific information to be transported across cluster nodes.

Michael