From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1532157 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/nodetype/NodeTypeImpl.java oak-jcr/src/test/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/nodetype/NodeTypeEqualsTest.java
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:22:10 GMT

On 15.10.13 8:04 , Tobias Bocanegra wrote:
> I think the semantics of NodeType.equals() should be mentioned in the JCR
> API. I'm indifferent if we should consider the comparison between 2
> different implementations.

The symmetry requirement comes from the general contract of equals and
we can't specify this away. Its a tough requirement to get right across
inheritance. That's why I'd prefer to not take inheritance into account
and simply return false for NodeType.equals() between different
implementations.

The current implementation would still return true for n.equals(m) but
might return false for m.equals(n) if getCnd(m).equals(getCnd(n)) and n
instanceOf NodeTypeImpl and !(m instanceOf NodeTypeImpl).

Michael