From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1518048 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr: NodeImpl.java delegate/NodeDelegate.java lock/LockImpl.java lock/LockManagerImpl.java lock/LockOperation.java
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 13:38:13 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:19 AM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> What is the reason for returning true here? Only operations that refresh the
> session should return true here. If returning true is necessary here, you
> might be exploiting a side effect and we should try to come up with a more
> explicit solution.

The rationale behind this is that the lock operations (since they are
inherently cross-session ones) always refresh the session to the
latest state (see LockOperation.perform). It's not fully correct from
a strict locking semantics point of view, but achieves the kind of
"fuzzy locking" functionality I was aiming at.

BR,

Jukka