From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Workspace#copy with referenceable nodes
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:10:46 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
> however, if the access rights were part of the copied tree a
> full copy would IMO result in the same access rights.

It would, but the user could in most cases still gain full read
access. Since per-user ACLs even higher up the tree take precedence
over per-group ones, copying a tree to somewhere where I explicitly
have been granted full read access will grant me read access to all
parts where read access is by default denied for everyone.

> in addition i wonder what happens if the original source tree
> contains intermediate nodes that were not accessible but
> the subtrees were again... wouldn't that qualify as well as
> being part of the subtree of the source that needs to be copied?
> we would not get these copied with the current approach.

I think it's fine that such subtrees are not included in a copy as
there's no clean way for the repository to figure out what should be
used instead for the intermediate nodes.

BR,

Jukka Zitting