From Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>
Subject Calendar.getInstance() usage
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 07:36:35 GMT
Hi,

In OAK-980 Felix raised an interesting question about using
Calendar.getInstance()
for a last updated date property, indicating that System.currentTimeMillis()
is a safer approach.

Out of curiosity I went through the code and found another piece of code
that relies on the same method: TreeUtil#autoCreateProperty [0]
I'd like to hear what others think about this, as the auto-created
properties have far reaching consequences, much more so than the index
update status.
Do we have to change there as well?

And probably a bit off topic, what are the condition where users change the
default timezone on the jvm (as opposed to the entire system directly)?

thanks,
alex

[0]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/util/TreeUtil.java?view=markup#l288