From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Propagation of Session auto refresh behaviour to e.g. UserManager
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 09:33:56 GMT

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> On 6.8.13 10:41, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> a) When making transient changes or reading information that can come
>> from an earlier repository snapshot, use sessionDelegate.getRoot() so
>> that you see the exact same state as the rest of the session.
> This is not sufficient for the current case however unless we add a session
> refresh for every call to SessionDelegate.getRoot().

The refresh (when needed) should happen already in
SessionDelegate.perform(), before the getRoot() call is made.

> Furthermore the underlying (somewhat implicit) assumption back then was
> sessions being stable (i.e. no auto refresh) such that the returned root and
> trees retrieved from it can be cached. This is now not the case any more and
> might render many such optimisations invalid.

This is exactly the problem I was worried about when I tried to argue
earlier that we shouldn't be caching information in memory and instead
read any information directly from the underlying content tree when

Jukka Zitting

View raw message