From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject Improving support for debugging Oak
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:19:58 GMT
Hi,

While trying to debug Oak related logic in multi threaded environment
it would be helpful if we can have some way to uniquely refer to any
session instance. Just like the sessionName [1] in JR2. One way would
be to assign a unique sessionName to ContentSession and that name
would be used in toString impls of SessionImpl, SessionDelegate etc

Or we can add an explicit method to ContentSession#getId() so as to
explicitly call out the requirement. Later we might add more support
which simplify diagnosing Oak related bugs but at very minimum such a
support would be helpful.

Any suggestions ...

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] [1] https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit/blob/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/SessionImpl.java#L178