From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Propagation of Session auto refresh behaviour to e.g. UserManager
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 14:26:45 GMT

On 6.8.13 11:23, Angela Schreiber wrote:
> let's discuss that in the call this afternoon.

Quick summary from that call:

- We need some way of backwards compatibility re. sessions as discussed
in OAK-803. Otherwise client code could break in very subtle ways
creating a support legacy.

- Pushing the refresh logic down to Root and related is not a good
option since we want to keep oak-core strictly MVCC by keeping the
backwards compatibility tweaks in oak-jcr.

- Pulling the refresh logic up into a separate JCR wrapper would factor
the solution into a separate component. But it would introduce extra
complexity, a lot of new classes and duplicate much of the logic we have
in the current XyzDelegate classes.

- Introducing Delegate implementations for the problematic entities
(i.e. UserManger) was deemed the solution to go for now. The other
suspects that came up in a quick usage search are: PrincipalManager,
VersionManager, ACManager, PermissionProvider, ObservationManager,  and
PrivilegeManager.

I'll start looking into implementing those extra Delegate classes on an
as need basis.

Michael