From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Login parameters
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:01:36 GMT

Am 29.07.2013 um 11:58 schrieb Michael Dürig:

> On 29.7.13 11:20, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> It would be useful to be able to pass in extra parameters in a
>> Repository.login() call, in order to for example control the
>> auto-refresh or read-only status of the created session. Unfortunately
>> the standard JCR API doesn't provide any straightforward way to do
>> this, so I've come up with a few potential solutions:
>
> For completeness sake: we could also change session attributes
> retrospectively by adding a setAttribute() method to JackrabbitSession.

What would be the use for it ? providing some contextual information ? Is JackrabbitSession
the right thing for that ? In a Servlet API request context we have Request (plus ServletContext
and maybe JSP PageContext) attributes. In other context we have other functionality.

We should probably not misuse the JackrabbitSession for such things ..

Regards
Felix