From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1508445 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr: RepositoryImpl.java SessionContext.java SessionImpl.java
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:24:42 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Michael Dürig <michid@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30.7.13 16:09, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 4:56 PM,  <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
>>> +                log.info(....);
>>
>> These should become log.debug(...) as soon as the code stabilizes.
>
> I don't agree. As long as this is user configurable we should make that
> information available in the logs so the user can see the actual settings.

The user already knows the settings as they're the one providing the
information (or using the default).

If we leave this at info, then we'll have an info log message
associated with each new session, which during peak loads could mean
hundreds or thousands of entries per second. IMO that's not the
coarse-grained level referred to in [1].

[1] http://slf4j.org/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/Level.html#INFO

BR,

Jukka Zitting