From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Conflict handling causes spurious observation events
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:19:20 GMT

On 23.7.13 12:26, Chetan Mehrotra wrote:
> In discussion referred to in OAK-775 it was mentioned that the event
> processing would be pluggable. Is that still the case? If we make the
> merge method synchronized then it cannot be avoided through a
> different PostCommitHook implementation

No, not pluggable yet. Our priority is to get the most common use case
covered first. If it turns out that we need different implementations,
we need to make it pluggable then.

In relation to the synchronisation issue, the commit hooks are also
affected by the implementation that might merge against "the wrong" base
revision. See my initial mail of this thread. The current fix also
covers this. If it turns out that synchronising this ways is to costly,
we should try optimistic locking in the way SegmentMK does it.

Michael