From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Observation throughput
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:15:29 GMT
Hi,

>Any reason we only use the kernel diff for big child node lists?

I'm not sure, but I guess the idea was that when the list of child nodes
is small, the diff() method is slower. Maybe it's just that the threshold
is still too high, for example by a factor of 10 or so
(KernelNodeState.MAX_CHILD_NODE_NAMES = 100 currently; it used to be
1000). We might need to tune the value. Or possibly the threshold should
be 0.

It's great to have benchmarks! That way we can easily find out what the
problem is.

Regards,
Thomas