From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with OAK
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 13:05:58 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM, PeriS <peri.subrahmanya@htcinc.com> wrote:
> I am wondering if there are any example pages etc like for Jackrabbit 2.x
> (first and second hops etc), that explains OAK api and how to get started.

That depends on what you're looking for.

If you aren't yet too familiar with JCR or Jackrabbit 2.x, then
starting with the first hops and the various existing introductions to
JCR and Jackrabbit is a good idea, as almost all of that information
applies also to Oak.

If you instead already know JCR and Jackrabbit 2.x, and want to know
more about how Oak is different and what are all the new stuff that's
possible with Oak, then the documentation notes we've collected in
https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/tree/trunk/doc and
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Jackrabbit%203 should be good
starting points, though note that much of the material is still in
flux and might already be outdated.

And if you can't find something you're looking for, asking here on the
Oak list is always a good fallback.

BR,

Jukka Zitting