From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: buildbot failure in ASF Buildbot on oak-trunk
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 09:44:46 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Chetan Mehrotra
<chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Probably we should run the Oak build with '-U' (--update-snapshots)
> flag so that it forces maven to fetch snapshot dependencies on every
> build and not once per day. So that Oak build can pickup changes from
> Jackrabbit builds as early as possible?

Ideally any SNAPSHOT dependencies would be built as a part of a single
checkout, so such outdatedness would never be an issue.

As a part of the plan to migrate Oak to Jackrabbit trunk, I'm thinking
of adding an svn:externals pointer from Jackrabbit to Oak and adding
an extra -Poak build profile to enable building of both Jackrabbit and
Oak from a single checkout. That should take care of this problem.

BR,

Jukka Zitting