From PeriS <peri.subrahma...@htcinc.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with OAK
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 13:13:38 GMT
Thanks Jukka. Yes, I am very familiar with jackrabbit 2.x and also know the high level details
about the OAK project. I m essentially trying out the OAK and I understand there are significant
differences in how things are setup in terms of creating a repository, getting sessions etc,
so wanted to see where would be a good place to get those examples.

I will go through the links and post any questions on this list.

On Jun 5, 2013, at 9:05 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM, PeriS <peri.subrahmanya@htcinc.com> wrote:
>> I am wondering if there are any example pages etc like for Jackrabbit 2.x
>> (first and second hops etc), that explains OAK api and how to get started.
>
> That depends on what you're looking for.
>
> If you aren't yet too familiar with JCR or Jackrabbit 2.x, then
> starting with the first hops and the various existing introductions to
> JCR and Jackrabbit is a good idea, as almost all of that information
> applies also to Oak.
>
> If you instead already know JCR and Jackrabbit 2.x, and want to know
> more about how Oak is different and what are all the new stuff that's
> possible with Oak, then the documentation notes we've collected in
> https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/tree/trunk/doc and
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Jackrabbit%203 should be good
> starting points, though note that much of the material is still in
> flux and might already be outdated.
>
> And if you can't find something you're looking for, asking here on the
> Oak list is always a good fallback.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

*** DISCLAIMER *** This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind HTC Global Services to
any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative
expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.