From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject svngit2jira: Subversion and Git integration with JIRA tickets
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 12:15:23 GMT

Hi,

I quite often find myself repeating information from a commit message in
the associated JIRA ticket. So I think it would be nice to be able to
update the JIRA ticket right from within the commit. Infra supports this
through svngit2jira [1]. AFAIU this could be enabled for all commits.
That is, each commit would result in a comment in the associated issue.
Or through a defined trigger where the commit message needs to contain a
specific string in order to be included in a JIRA comment.

Personally I'd prefer the 2nd option: it would enable us to still do WIP
commits without filling JIRA with rubbish while more elaborate commit
log messages could make it straight into JIRA.

If there are on strong concerns against this, I'll follow up with a vote
later this weeks.

Michael

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/svngit2jira.html