From Stefan Egli <e...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Scalability of JCR observation
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 08:54:50 GMT
Hi,

On 4/16/13 4:26 PM, "Dominik Süß" <dominik.suess@gmail.com> wrote:

>I see some overlap with the latest work of Carsten in Sling regarding
>Discovery API[0]. Since Sling typically should work uppon JCR / Oak it
>might be good not to follow different patterns. For a combined solution I
>do think it would be great to have one pluggable mediating system instead
>of two which might have strange sideeffects for rejoin scenarios in a
>cluster.

+1

If there was a jms/messaging client available in oak (pluggable) that an
implementation of the discovery.api (at the sling level..) could reuse,
that would definitely result in a more reliable 'cluster view' than having
separate mechanisms. How the 'cross cluster' aspect of the discovery's
topology would be implemented in that case is yet another question, but I
suppose it could just as well use jms cross-cluster...

Cheers,
Stefan