From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject The <p/> javadoc antipattern
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 14:46:16 GMT
Hi,

A trivially minor, but long-standing annoyance of mine seems to be
creeping over from Jackrabbit to Oak:

For some reason people are using "<p/>" as a paragraph break in
Javadoc comments. That's wrong on many levels. Javadoc comments are in
HTML, not XHTML, so the self-closing "<p/>" is strictly speaking
invalid. And even if they were in XHTML, "<p/>" would indicate a
separate, empty paragraph instead starting a new paragraph. I have no
idea where this convention comes from.

So, if it's not too much to ask, use "<p>" instead of "<p/>" when
starting a new paragraph in javadoc. It'll make my inner perfectionist
feel better when browsing source code.

Thanks! :-)

BR,

Jukka Zitting