From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1465664 - /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/core/SecureNodeState.java
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 10:30:30 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
> i am not convinced this is a wise move. as i keep stating we used
> to have short lived sessions that rather perform random access to the
> repository instead of reading the complete ancestor tree. calculating
> the readstatus for all ancestors may therefore not be required. since
> currently the method is still an open TODO, i would prefer to retrieve
> the reastatus on demand.

How about we change the order of the checks, so that the readStatus is
pre-loaded only when child.getChildNodeCount() == 0? That way we could
avoid unnecessarily evaluating permissions at ancestor nodes, but
still avoid the cost of the SecureNodeState wrapper for most leaf
nodes.

> thanks... i will take over and add fixes where needed.

OK, cool.

BR,

Jukka Zitting