From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oak error codes
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 05:06:00 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Pontus Amberg <pontus.amberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> As long as the code only is used internally or _always_ is accompanied with
> a message it is ok. I work at some projects where we have no internet
> connection and to encounter just an error code with no message is really
> annoying!

Indeed.

What I had in mind is to turn our exception messages from just
"message" to "OakTypeNNNN: message" so that the plain-text message is
always included. The extra error code (also accessible through extra
methods in CommitFailedException) acts as a key for finding more
information (i.e. not just what the problem was but how to resolve or
debug it, etc.) or for dispatching custom error handling code.

BR,

Jukka Zitting