From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: NodeStore or MicroKernel.
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 12:34:34 GMT
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Ian Boston <ieb@tfd.co.uk <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> > Should I depend on a reference of a MicroKernel or a NodeStore when
> > constructing the Oak class (new
> > Oak(?).when(....).createContentRepositroy()) ?
>
> It's better if you use the Oak(NodeStore) signature as that'll work
> also with the SegmentMK backend that implements just the NodeStore
> interface instead of MicroKernel. The Oak(MicroKernel) signature just
> wraps the given MicroKernel instance to a KernelNodeStore.

Good to know, I'll switch to nodestore.

> > I see there are a number of providers in the oak-core bundle. Should I
> > use these to build the Oak class or is it Ok to build it from internal
> > instances ?
>
> You mean the OSGi services that oak-core provides?

Yes.

> It's still a bit of an open question whether the core repository
> should be wired up entirely through OSGi or have some of the core
> components (security, node type validation, etc.) injected directly
> with Oak.with() as hardcoded parts. The latter approach (coupled with
> hooks to bring in also more dynamic OSGi services) might be better as
> it gives us more control over repository startup.

Ok, I think I am going to go with direct injection, but I suspect it will
be easy to change later if required.

One last question.
Should I expect a a SecurityConfiguration to be present ?

I have loaded the Felix JAAS boot bundle, and configured all the
LoginModules listed in the oak-core bundle ( btw, there is a comma missing
in the pom.xml ) but I still get an error message saying no Security
Configuration is available from JAAS, on login attempts.

Thanks
Ian