From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Scalability of JCR observation
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 08:32:24 GMT

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> An implementation approach for backward compatible observation is to use a
> commit hook to record the required changes to a journal (e.g.
> /jcr:system/rep:observation). Observation listeners would then later
> generate the observation events by scrapping that journal asynchronously...

This sounds a lot like a distributed message queue...

> ...A somewhat open question is how this should work across the cluster...

So I'm wondering if using an existing distributed message queue
service (ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ etc) would help implement this. IIUC this
is only a problem in very large Oak setups, so having to install
additional components might not be an issue.

View raw message