From Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Errored] apache/jackrabbit-oak#1202 (trunk - 3e36049)
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 09:06:29 GMT
I disagree with this decision.

For one you get a sense of what the trunk looks like now - an errored state
needs to be fixed either by marking a test as ignored or reverting your
changes until everything looks good again.
A second point is you could hide other problems that happen during this
accepted downtime, not everybody is working on this known issue, other
failures can be introduced in the meantime.

To illustrate the second point see our current build failure, which is
assumed to be about the permissiong WIP when in fact it is not:

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class MongoConnection
location: package org.apache.jackrabbit.mongomk.impl
cannot find symbol